KEY SKILLS FOR EFFECTIVE NEGOTIATION
in partnership with
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR 2018 SESSIONS
The current international environment is characterized by numerous crises and a host of diverse actors, resulting in dialogue, consultation and negotiation in bilateral as well as multilateral contexts. In order to manage negotiation processes in an engaged and effective manner, it is necessary to master the key strategies and techniques of negotiation.
This training seminar, organized in collaboration with ESSECIRENE, is designed for diplomats and international officials, political leaders and civil servants, military personnel, and representatives of nongovernmental organizations as well as business executives. The program, based on practical experience and case studies, prepares participants to engage actively in the dynamics of negotiations in bilateral and multilateral contexts, and allows them to develop the strategies and techniques necessary to prepare and manage the process of negotiation.
- Understanding the dynamics and characteristics of bilateral et multilateral negotiations
- Mastering different negotiation techniques
- Identifying the required capacities in international negotiations
- Learning pratical ways to prepare and manage the negotiation process, analysing and anticipating changes
- Knowing how to develop a negotiation plan and setting priorities and objectives
- Assessing the issues related specifically to intercultural dynamics and international negotiations
- Interactive training based on practical experience
- Cases studies examined from practical and theoritical perspectives
- Scenario-building and role-playing
- Instruction by experienced trainers and researchers