Diplomacy as a profession
in partnership with
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR 2018 SESSIONS
Today the practice of diplomacy and international relations is conducted by an increasing number of competitors in an ever-more globalized world. New actors employing innovative methods are challenging the traditional conduct of foreign affairs, and compelling diplomats and international actors to be knowledgeable, responsive, and effective in a variety of sectors.
Organised in partnership with the International Organisation of Francophonie (OIF), this course is designed specifically for diplomats, representatives of international organisations, negotiators, journalists, analysts, and all other professionals whose responsibilities involve effective engagement in diplomacy and international relations. Instruction is offered in French and English as desirable.
- Expand knowledge of major global political, strategic and economic challenges
- Understand the functioning of international institutions
- Review resources and techniques in an international context
- Learn information management techniques and media relations strategies
- Acquire techniques and methods for negotiation and crisis management
- Develop relevant professional networks
- Practical methods designed to develop professional skills
- Instruction by diplomats, analysts and senior academics
- Interactive learning environment and experience sharing
- Site visits to key offices and institutions in France and Europe