in partnership with
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR 2018 SESSIONS
The ability for diplomats and international officials to understand and express themselves clearly and accurately in French is fundamental to conducting effective diplomacy and to maintaining successful and beneficial relationships within the international community.
Conducted in partnership with the Alliance Française, this course is designed for diplomats and international officials, as well as other professionals from the public and private sectors. Instruction is focused on the development of proficiency in both written and spoken French through practical, interactive exercises, enabling participants to acquire a better knowledge of the nuances of the French language, and the terminology used in communication and negotiation in diplomatic and international relations.
- Acquisition of terminology for diplomatic and international relations
- Introduction to modes of expression used in diplomatic discourse
- Competence in conducting formal speeches (debate, meeting, conference)
- Specialized language for report writing, note taking, formal statements
- Exercises for the improvement of pronunciation and phonetics
- Practical and interactive methodology
- Instruction provided by teachers specialized in diplomatic French Instruction
- Instruction adapted to the needs and capacities of each group